Friday 17 August 2012

Mixed feelings for an old love....

   Today's focus will veer from a current love to an old one. Usually we would meet for lunch once a month to catch up with each other, but the session was delayed for a month as she has just changed her job, and lunch breaks cannot be stretched indefinitely. Each time I would look forward to such sessions with her, as I would always get some insightful thoughts and viewpoints on the current activities of the civil service.

   Each time we met, the topics would usually revolved around her complains on the demands and workload her team is placing on her, and around my property agency happenings and love life. This time though, the main focus is on my "new" relationship, something which never failed to interest her. She always considered my love life interesting, well at least more interesting than her own, since she claimed to have only 2 men in her life back then. For the past 3 years, whichever dates or love stories I related to her, she can sense the nonchalant behaviour I displayed in those relationships. Perhaps she had seen my extreme mood swings and know that these relationships and dates are at best just passing clouds in my diary.

  But today she can truly sensed the difference. Perhaps 2 weeks back when I sms-ed during the period when me and Dear were not on talking terms, she can feel that I was really down and out, just from the tone and "mood" of the sms-es she received. So she knows that this could be a new turning point, someone who could make a difference to my love life. I got to the gist of my new-found relationship, updating her with the key points and highlighted some frustrations which I faced due to time constraints on both of us. I guess she understood where I was coming from and what I needed. At the end of it, she simply nodded and said: "Yes, u definitely looked happier now, and I can sensed that u were pretty upset 2 weeks back, just from your sms-es. I can conclude that this gal meant a lot to u."

  Me and her used to share so much together. Her words and advice are always comforting and straight to the point. Perhaps at times I still think about what might have been, but perhaps also glad in a way that she is still part of my happy memories. Then I recalled Dear telling me that even if we are not lovers together, she wanted me by her side as her best friend. I guess sometimes when I forged a special relationship with a special someone, that bond still remains even though we are worlds apart now. but of course I still hope that me and Dear will forge a relationship that is beyond a special bond. Perhaps a unique relationship that will last forever, with our kids and grandchildren there to witness our special bond.

  "From this moment, as long as I live, I will love u. I promise to give....." - From this Moment, Shania Twain

  PS: This is always my favourite wedding montage song :)

No comments:

Post a Comment