Friday 31 August 2012

How lame can I be??

   Nowadays I seemed to be spending a lot of time with her. In the past, we have talked about how we should be spending less time on drinking, and devoting our quality time on other healthier activities. Well if u mean devoting time to having more dinners together, then I guess it is definitely the healthier option. It was so different when we meet and catch up during the first to 2 months when we get to know each other better. Then food is never a good option as slimming down is the priority then. But the night before, I actually heard for a long long time that u were hungry and perhaps craving for food then :). Health and slimming should go hand in hand and rely on proper diet and exercise. But knowing me, I have a sweet tooth for food and desserts which are sinful and higher in calories, and I appreciate the effort and time she put into going out with me and eating much more than her usual volume of food.

  We had a enjoyable evening of good food (think of seafood platter at Manhatten Fish Market), good desserts (delicious ice cream and apply creampie), and finally a good jug of drinks (a bitter taste followed by a new improved proper jug of beer). The night ended with us making our own way home for the evening.

  Sometimes I suspect I write for the sake of writing because I know she is looking forward to my blog for my thoughts and feelings for the day, so I simply write. Sometimes I suspect she also doubt whether I have a day job at my school because I seemed to have plenty of time on my side. Sometimes I suspect that due to my at times fiery temper and her straight talking, one party has to give or we would end up having the quarrel of the century. Sometimes I suspect whether I am just patronising her or I simply just love her too much. Perhaps sometimes I am just someone lame and petty, so there is not a need to bother about me too much. It's tiring and energy zapping having to justify myself all the time.....

  Sometimes perhaps, love alone is simply not enough. Love may be more about practicality afterall. If that is the case, then perhaps it's a really sad and harsh reality bite for me.

  If you have not heard about this song before, then this song reflects my current thoughts...

 "But there's a danger in loving somebody too much
    And it's sad when you know it's your heart you can't trust
      There's a reason why people don't stay where they are
         Baby sometimes love just ain't enough" - Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough, Don Henley  

No comments:

Post a Comment