Wednesday 29 August 2012

The horizontal issue...

   Nowadays my Dear is keeping a close tab as to whether I have done my homework (via updating my blog). Indeed it can be quite a challenge having to come up with new topics to reflect for the day.I guess perhaps today I shall touch on the all-time sensitive topic for the modern women - Weight!!

   Over the past year or so, even before I get to know Dear, she has actually embarked on a strict slimming regime which has already saw her lost more than 10kgs since then. Lately, because she can be seen sticking pretty close to me, she cannot help but stared long and hard at whichever direction which has the slightest glimpse of images of us together hand in hand (Think of mirrors and glass around shopping malls or buildings). And she could not help but bombarded me with questions on whether we looked compatible together. My almost immediate answer is always one with a positive "Yes", even though at times she would really doubt the sincerity of my answer. I believe she will always think of my answer as a politically correct one :)

  As much as she might not really believe what I saw, I always try to convince and comfort her by saying that she is good enough the way I see her. Perhaps all the while I have been so used to being with partners who usually looked bigger than me, whether it is vertically or horizontally. And all the while I have never been bothered or feel awkward with them. To me, these are merely statistics which may mean a lot to Dear, but these statistics do not mean as much as my feelings for her. Knowing how concerned she is with regards to keeping her weight down as much as possible (a further 8kg is what is keeping us apart, according to her for now), so I know the horizontal figures will only get shorter instead of longer. Perhaps for me, I have always been more obsessed with her curves being in the right places in the sizes I desire. LOL.

  For now, I will tend to agree with a further loss of 8kg being just a strong desire to look better with slimmer looks. Nobody's perfect. But for now, I still love Dear for what she is now.

  "nobody's a picture perfect
      but we're worth it
         you know that we're worth it."- Dark Side, Kelly Clarkson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment