Tuesday 14 August 2012

Lies - Are white lies considered less harmful?

   Today's thoughts and reflections have a lot to do with the word "LIES". Why are lies being told in the first place? Is it because we dun want people to find out the harsh truth and make us a less honourable person? Is it because we do not want the truth to hurt the other party? Or simply because we lie to cover for another lie? Since young, I have been taught by my parents to be honest and never lie. The simple reason being we should be brought up as honourable and honest people, and that we should build the trust and reputation so that people around us can believe us and trust that we are good even in the face of evil. Plenty of food for thought in today's topic.

   Today perhaps I would like to list a couple of true life examples to explain the myths behind lies. Let's start off with our "good" friend, Mr E. By now, many of us who knows E long enough will know that he is a perpetual liar who seemed to think that, among the lies he has told and created in terms of the financial help that has been rendered to him by people around him, has created a virtual world of lies in which he believed in. From a personal point of view, his virtual world of lies cannot substantiate long enough because usually his firewall is easily broken with simple verifications from people who rendered such financial help to him. Let's take for example a simple case of beer money which he claimed to have been paid, yet the supposed receipient can prove that the bill has not been settled as no cash or credit card details were exchanged during this time.

   And E has the cheek to create such a huge ruckus over this incident that he has been wrongly accused that sometimes, simple-hearted people like me would probably fall for it and gave him the benefit of doubt. And the best part is now, he said that perhaps the person who is supposed to pay the bill, Mr A was drunk and forgot about paying. A case of a "white" lie covering another lie? But when such incidents happened over and over again, I tend to believe that the people around him has been wronged instead. E claimed that people are ruining his reputation by smearing him, but i prefer to believe that the people around him have been too tolerant of his virtual world of lies instead. Perhaps we should confer a best actor award to E, anf comfort the people who have rendered financial help to him by saying that the good begets the good, and we should continue doing kind deeds. But kind deeds should be given to people who deserve it. Perhaps E dun fall into that category.

   And perhaps at this point in time, I should formally apologise to my dear as well. Because in the space of one night, I told 2 lies to her. Firstly I told her that the nick "Euda" in my blog does not represent anything special. Secondly, I told her to go home with me last night merely to catch up with her favourite drama and nothing else. Of course end of the day, she knew the truth about both events. I simply dun have the heart to lie to her about this, and I want to be totally honest with her. Till now I know she still have doubts about me, but I hope my honesty and integrity can be felt by her in time to come. Deceit and dishonesty will only do more harm than good in the long run. So dear, please forgive me ok? These are my so-called white lies but I hope u can be forgiving over these.

  Dear. Let's be honest with each other ok?

   I LOVE U.......

  "相信你只是怕伤害我, 不是骗我.  很爱过谁会舍得?" - 开始董了, 孙燕姿

No comments:

Post a Comment