Wednesday 12 September 2012

So what am I??

    Today's thoughts and reflections will focus more on my personal developments and future goals. A huge scolding from my mum yesterday had me labelled as a useless, irresponsible and uncaring guy, and its perhaps any gal's misfortune to ever marry me one day. Extremely harsh words from someone who had borne me and should be the one who understands me the most, other than my late grandma.

    And earlier on, i was reflecting on this comment made by someone in fb that he finds property agents pathetic because they are mostly uneducated and they have no choice but to be property agents.Throughout my 2 years as an agent, I have come across many an agent who is not highly educated but still do a good job as a property agent. In fact some of them are even doing a better job compared to many graduates. I guess it is also time to self-reflect on why despite my higher education, I am not performing as well as a property agent as compared to some of my peers.

   This morning I also read up on Pamelina Siow, a 32yo lady who racked up $14,000 worth of credit card bills and was on the verge of a mental breakdown before she decided that her current banker's job will not allow her to clear off her debts in a short while. She took the initiative to attend personal financing courses and internet marketing before she decided to do up a website linking people interested in learning the violin to violin schools, and hence earning commission from these referrals. And she went on to set up online businesses and also conducts courses for people keen to set up internet businesses. For someone who has zero knowledge on internet marketing to conducting courses on her own within 4 years, I must say she is an inspiration and role model to me. Coincidentally, Pam has been a "friend" in my fb for almost a year and I do get regular updates from her. Perhaps its time for me to attend some of her free courses too.

  My Dear told me that she should also act as an inspiration and role model to me, for she has also experienced worse scenarios and she is also able to pick up from where she left behind and went on to have a better life. Yes, definitely time for me to pick up where I left off and move on to be a better person. Given my educational background and my character, there is no reason why I cannot clear my debts and become a better person.

  Gambate Eugene Loh......

No comments:

Post a Comment